Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter and Beef Jerky Truffles
Posted by Kathy Browning on
May 2nd is National Truffle Day. What better way to celebrate than with homemade chocolate covered peanut butter and beef jerky truffles? Here's a recipe sent to us from The Cheap Gourmet. While she uses bacon, she suggested using one of our seven flavors as an alternative.
Yield: 60 (1-inch) balls
Prep Time: 1-1/2 hours
Freeze Time: 1 hour
6 ounces Hollowpoint Beef Jerky, any flavor, finely chopped
1 cup smooth Peanut Butter
1 stick unsalted Butter, softened
2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
16 ounces milk or dark Chocolate Candy Wafers
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter and butter until smooth. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and half of the jerky bits until well incorporated.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop, roll into 1-inch balls and insert a toothpick in the center. Freeze for 1 hour.
3. Add chocolate candy wafers to a double boiler or small saucepan. Heat on low setting until wafers melt. If chocolate becomes too thick add a teaspoon of coconut oil or vegetable shortening.
6. Transfer 20 balls at a time to a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Dip 2 to 3 balls in chocolate. Remove toothpick and sprinkle with a pinch of jerky bits. Repeat until all balls are coated and topped with beef jerky.
8. If desired, transfer truffles to decorative paper cups and package in colorful boxes.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: beef jerky, brisket beef jerky, chocolate peanut butter beef jerky truffles, daytona beef jerky, hollowpoint beef jerky, national truffle day, real american snacks